The FuMP Is Now Accepting Songs For Consideration
The FuMP is now accepting songs for consideration to use on our site. If you have a funny song you would like us to include on our site and compilation CDs submit it through the Submit A Song button over there on the right side of the page. ->
Upload an MP3 for us to listen to and if it gets voted in your song will be scheduled for posting on the site, you will be paid for your submission, and fame and fortune will be... well they'll still be pretty much out of reach, but at least you'll be paid for your submission.
Here are some guidelines for what we are and are not looking for:
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
- The song must be funny, obviously. This is The Funny Music Project.
- Going along with that it must be music. We do occasionally post sketches, but the focus here is on the music.
- It must be a high quality production. We want studio quality recordings. You donít have to actually go into a studio, but it needs to sound like you did. No demos. No recordings of you from your computerís web cam sitting in front of it playing guitar. No live recordings unless they were recorded by a professional and they sound great and have great audience reactions.
- We want good performances. If youíre singing make sure you can carry a tune. If youíre rapping make sure you can ride the beat. Put some emotion into your performance. Give us good comic timing. If you canít sing too well go take some lessons first and submit your song later, or hire someone else to sing it.
- No legal issues. You must own all the necessary rights to your song. Parodies are fine, but no samples. No unlicensed instrumentals or karaoke tracks for your parodies. You have to make your own backing track or hire someone to make it for you.
- No cover songs. (Unless you know the original artist personally and heís OK with it.)
- Not too short. Generally no shorter than 1:30.
- You must be OK with the FuMPís standard distribution method. That is, a creative commons license, free downloads while itís on the home page, your song included on a compilation CD, that CD sent to our subscribers and made available for sale on our web site, iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Rhapsody, and wherever else we can put it. Your song will be on iTunes and we will not make exceptions if you donít want it up there.
- The song should be fairly new and/or unreleased. Please avoid posting songs that have previously been released elsewhere. If the song is from a new album of yours that was released in the past month or two that's fine. Alternate versions of previously released songs are fine as well. What we don't want is a song that has already made the rounds on the internet years ago.